Late Fee Policy
POLICY FOR PROCESSING LATE CHARGES AND DELINQUENT PAYMENTS
- City customer’s statements will be mailed out the last week of the month.
- Payments are due on the 15th of the month, either delivered in person or postmarked by the 15th.
- Late charges of 10% will be assessed between the 16th & 18th of the month. Delinquent letters will be mailed at that time.
- Delinquent payments are due seven (7) days from date of delinquent letters.
- Arrangements for payment can be made with the City Office to avoid water shut-offs. However, payments must be made no later than the end of the month.
- Once water is turned off, payment must be made in full, plus the reconnection fee of $100.00 during business hours (7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.) After hours, the fee is $130.00.
- All charges including delinquent late fee must be paid by the end of the month.
- There will be no exceptions; everyone will be treated the same.